Atul Gawande - The Checklist Manifesto

I have just finished listening to the latest book by Atul Gawande - The Checklist Manifesto. I was looking forward to this book after reading his previous Complications book. The general style of writing is very honest, catching and inspiring. However what I mostly liked in Complications was the interesting medical cases presented with a very exciting narrative. The Checklist is somehow disappointing in this. There are fewer medical cases and plenty of aviation and real estate stories. This time I have chosen for the audiobook instead of classical paper book. It is interesting to confront those two different types of book "reading" experiences. Audiobooks allow for time efficient absorption of the reading material. Since I walk a lot an audiobook is a great alternative for me. However the traditional paper book allows to read more carefully, come back and re-read some parts of it. Audiobooks are more prone to distractions and missing some interesting points. In case of The Checklist Manifesto it was a good choice to pick the audiobook since the whole book seems to me like an interesting 6 hours long lecture. I have just ordered his first book Better. This time in traditional paper form.

Popular posts from this blog

Huntington Disease

Dilated Perivascular Spaces in the Brain

Hemorrhagic Choroid Plexus Cyst